Auto Maintenance Services
As your local full-service auto shop, our mechanics are fully certified to perform a wide range of inspection services and maintenance checks. Our goal is to prevent damage before it happens by keeping your vehicle in top shape. Our regular automotive maintenance includes services such as:
- Topping up and replacing oil, coolant, and other fluids
- Checking and replacing wipers
- Electrical system diagnostics
- Headlight, brake light, signal light checks
- Air filter and oil filter check and replacement
- Inspecting belts, spark plugs, wiring, etc.
- Battery health testing
- Tire rotation and pressure check
- Brake testing and where necessary, replacing fluid, lines, shoes, calipers, etc.
- Road test to ensure smooth operation
Don’t see what you need on this list? Don’t worry. We offer these and many other services that should be scheduled on a monthly, 3-month, 6-month, and annual basis.
Prevent Repairs with Vehicle Maintenance
Your vehicle’s owners manual gives clear instructions about how often it needs to be brought in for service and what should be done each time. Following these factory instructions is the best tool you have to prevent unexpected auto repairs down the road.
Most newer cars come with a built-in maintenance reminder system. These are usually based on the mileage that you’ve driven and will give you an alert on the dash when it’s time to bring it in. Make sure you listen to your vehicle when it tells you it needs car maintenance services!
Auto Maintenance for Harsh Road Conditions
Something that’s important to bear in mind is that you may need more frequent maintenance checks if you drive in harsh conditions. What are harsh conditions?
- Quick acceleration and stopping
- Heavy loads including cargo and full passengers
- Salty roads
- Dusty or dirt roads
- Extreme heat and humidity
- Below-freezing temperatures
- Roads with many potholes
- Mountainous and bumpy roads
For a lot of us, these conditions are pretty normal, which is why it’s important to get the advice of your local auto mechanics at Petersen's Automotive LLC. We’ll run a full inspection and get you all the information you need to properly schedule car maintenance checks at regular intervals.